Fall heralds the beginning of the holiday season. Throughout the next 3 months there will be many occasions to get together with friends and family...and with every great get together there needs to be great food.
The work however that goes into a festive get together can often be overwhelming...that's why when Justine tabled the idea of pulling together wovenfare&trade's first ever holiday meal plan I was on board in a second. I like lists...I like being organized...and I know how irritable I get when I contemplate cooking and feeding a crowd. I always end up in a grouchy mood!
So this past weekend, Justine and I test kitchened - and served 8 adults and 4 children - a beautiful four course Thanksgiving meal. We successfully followed the meal plan and I'm happy to report it went down without a hitch. We planned to serve dinner by 5 p.m. and no word of a lie, we were seated enjoying the wonderful appetizer (Julie Van Rosendaal's Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Pears) by 4:57 p.m. That is a first for me!
I still can't decide if the Pecan-Thyme Stuffing or the Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake is my favorite! I'm just glad I get another opportunity this upcoming long weekend to do it all over again with 8 more new guests.
Visit www.wovenfare.com and download your very own wovenfare™ Thanksgiving meal plan. It's absolutely FREE.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment