I have to say - who'd have thought?
I am constantly reciting the benefits of healthy snack choices to my little ones and by the looks on their faces you'd think I was speaking in a foreign language! Day in and day out after Kindergarten class my daughter comes home and requests a snack. Inevitably we go through a 7 minute discourse on what options are available to her. Which choices are the healthy options and which could be considered high in sugar and low in nutritional quality. Not that we have a junk food drawer or cupboard begging to be raided. I keep the bare minimum on hand for those monthly cravings which she will likely learn to appreciate in about 10 years or so.
Anyway, one recent weekday morning as I was busily trying to get ready to get out the door with 2 fully dressed, teeth-brushed children and their morning snack boxes in hand I realized I had to check one quick thing in my office. Snacks were not yet packed so I asked my daughter if she'd like to pick a peanut free snack for her and her brother while I shamelessly saw to more important matters - like my email!
As I came back into the kitchen from my office just 2 minutes later I overheard my daughter running through the snack options with her younger brother. It was the same conversation I have with her on a daily basis; but I have to say, she did a far better job at selling the "naturally nutritious" fresh fruit than I ever have!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment